Summer 2012 Wedding Flowers & Meanings!
Published: July 25, 2012
Brides take great care in choosing their wedding flowers for obvious reasons. After all, bridal bouquets have the power to date your wedding, make it ethereal and timeless, leave your look mismatched, or complete your bridal emsemble flawlessly! These are just a few of the many reasons why you should refer to your florist when discussing the type of flowers and colors used throughout your nuptials. A professional florist can guide you to popular selections that are in season and available in colors that match your overall theme. More importantly, your florist can also help you find a design that gives you a timeless look.
Keely from Petree’s Flowers, Inc. has experience in just that! We loved learning about the top five selections and colors from brides this summer. Be sure to read on for the meaning of these flowers!
- Gerbera daisies – Keely states that this is likely the most requested flower at the shop! A quick Google search tells us that the gerbera daisy is the fifth most popular flower in the world. They also grow in many vibrant colors.
Meaning: innocence, cheer, loyalty, simplicity
- Roses – Of course, roses are always a wedding classic.
Meaning: The color of roses generally dictates the meaning. Three favorites for weddings are red (love, courage, respect), yellow (joy, friendship, promises), and white (purity, humility, youthful).
- Hydrangeas – Keely also states that hydrangeas remain a popular choice for weddings.
Meaning: devotion, friendship, understanding
- Button Mums – These adorable flowers in bright green make a stunning ring bearer pillow, which Keely describes is a very popular choice for today’s bride!
Meaning: optimism, truth, joy
- Orchids – Many gorgeous, delicate-looking bouquets incorporate this lovely flower into the mass!
Meaning: beauty, refinement, love
As for colors, Keely describes that many bouquets she’s created this season have used various shades of purple and blue. No matter what your colors are, Petree’s Flowers can help you design the perfect bouquet!
Visit the Petree’s Flowers website today, and give Keely a call at the North Broadway location at (865) 688-0636. Tell her the Pink Ladies sent you!
Learn more about flower meanings here, and look for more bouquet style notes featuring Petree's Flowers, Inc. in our upcoming Summer 2012 Knoxville Pink Bride Magazine!
Images courtesy of the Petree's Flowers website, proud member of the Teleflora network.
Be the first to comment.