Top 5 Wedding Trends for Summer
Published: April 3, 2012
With Spring weddings well under way, brides with a few months to go are putting the final touches on their big day. Wondering what is proving trendy for Nashville brides, I reached out to wedding planner and owner of Catalyst Weddings and Events, Danielle Loeffler. She shares her take on the top trends you can expect to see in for Nashville's summer brides below...
1. An enchanted setting with lots of natural elements. Brides and grooms will be looking to nature for inspiration regarding their wedding decor for summer 2012. Playing to the concept that 'less is more' and totally in line with trend #5, one can expect lots of natural influences, green accents and organic details in this summer's weddings.
2. Neutral colors are in! While bright colors are common for summer weddings, watch out as pastels, gray and natural color palettes take top billing among summer brides in 2012. With all things moving towards nature, this trend fits right in.
3. Soft, romantic flowers. Taking a nod from our first trend, flowers will embrace the neutral color palette and then take things a step further with non floral accents to round out centerpieces. In particular, birds, butterflies, succulents, moss, shells, and curly willow will be seen in bridal bouquets, ceremony decor and table centerpieces.
4. Personalization. Couples continue to look for ways to make their wedding day a unique reflection of their personalities and relationship! With Pinterest boards a must wedding planning tools for brides, it is easy to amass a collection of interesting details and creative ideas and create a truly personalized day.
5. Going green... recycle, reuse and save! This trend has long been sweeping the wedding world and will continue through summer. Talented vendors are stepping outside of the box and meeting the demand, using recycled items for decor, donating a percentage of their profits and looking for creative ways to eliminate excess waste! For some brides, expect them to embrace 'green' as their wedding theme and take on the ways in which their special day is a catalyst for global good!
Big thanks to Danielle for her keen insight on what we can expect come summertime. Find out more about her company and how she can make your wedding planning stress-free by visiting her website or facebook page.
What are your favorite trends for summer weddings? Leave a comment below!